You never know what's in my jeans... but you'll always be surprised!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kso. Here's the bad news

I have SO much to write here. See that huge gap from the middle of July to now? Today is September 23, 2010 and I was supposed to have had a surgery yesterday. Instead I am going to have it tomorrow.

The gap in my writing, as you can plainly tell, (ok, maybe not) is due to my sister, soon to be divorced, and her two adorable children moving in. My sister is the love of my life, don't get me wrong. The 6 years she lived down in the OC were pretty miserable for me, but having her back in the house, and having the total of people here jump from 3 to 6 has brought a whole new set of unique and sometimes seemingly insurmountable problems.

If it hadn't been for my friend Jenny telling me about drinking milk from a wine glass (the story makes sense in context) I probably would have gone insane trying to keep up with the mess that 6 people create. My sister also decided to take 3 college courses this semester as well as work 8 hour days. Needless to say, my room, also used as my bead room and craft area, has now been turned into a babysitting emporium. I am having to get used to little hands on everything whether it's a collectible china cup or a teddy bear from my childhood. I have also learned how to sing along to The Backyardigans and Sponge Bob Square Pants. (Did you know he lives in a pineapple?)

Anyhow, on top of all of this, I have still been having the phantom pain in my right side and barring a laparoscopy, (which I am not sure about) everything in my reproductive system looks great. Or so I am told. Because of the chaos in the house, and the fact my family practitioner is unsure I should be making this choice at such a young age, (young?) I am not going to have a radical hysterectomy. I am instead going to have an endometrial ablation. Which, as far as I am concerned is fine and I hope it helps the pain.

In the end, if the pain continues, I am going to go see a gastrointerologist next. As much as I hate paying Dr roulette, pain exists in our bodies for a reason and I don't want to ignore something that could be getting worse. I honestly hope the pain leaves with this procedure however.

Well, that's hardly scratching the surface of how I am doing or how things are at my house, but I don't really know what else to say in this particular entry. My surgery is tomorrow afternoon at 5pm and I hope the pain and uh, other things are kept to a bare minimum. in the meantime, has any one seen the wine glasses? I need some milk!

No comments: